Author Topic: Interior Cushions  (Read 79 times)

Elang

• View Profile
Interior Cushions
« on: November 10, 2021, 08:05:54 pm »
So I am about to put an offer on a CSY 33 in good condition for what would be considered a steal. There are a few concerns, most of which I can fix, but she does not have half of  the interior cushions. I was wondering if there are any owners that could provide the dimensions of the interior cushions. The v-berth has cushions and the starboard side has the horizontal cushions, but not those for the back. There are no cushions in port side.

Soggy Paws

• View Profile
    • Cruising with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
Re: Interior Cushions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 08:24:46 pm »
Hi Elang,

Welcome to the group.  If you plan to replace those missing cushions I would consider either doing the measurements yourself or better having the person doing them for you do the measurements.  That way if there is a mistake made it would be their fault and any corrections that have to be made should be done at no cost to you.  The best way to do that would be making a pattern so if there are any off square cushions it would be seen.  Hope the other concerns are as easy to fix as this.
CSY 44 Walkthru #35, Soggy Paws
Soggy Paws the CSY has been SOLD
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/For_Sale.htm

Elang

• View Profile
Re: Interior Cushions
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 09:25:49 pm »
The other concerns are redoing some electrical and rebedding chainplates which are far easier than making new cushions. My wife may be able to make some, but our biggest concern would be the corner cushion on port side. Her seemstress skills are impressive, whereas I’m much more of an ape that can turn a wrench. I work as a technician specifically on sailboats so the rigging, rebedding of chainplates, electrical and varnishing of the toe rail are all pretty simple projects for myself.