Author Topic: Captain's Chair = Seat  (Read 818 times)

Rick McClain

• View Profile
    • Photographers1.com
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
  • Boat Name: Island Time
Captain's Chair = Seat
« on: January 21, 2021, 05:10:18 pm »
I love my CSY44, however...it being a walk-over, if I sit on the lazarett just aft of the binnacle to steer, I can't see out of the very deep cockpit. If I put multiple cushions on the seat, they slide off. When away from shore and in deep water, I usually sit starboard of and next to the aft hatchway above the cockpit since my mainsail winch is on the port side of the hatch, but if I'm in lobster or crab pot float infested waters, I constantly have to get up, turn off the autopilot, steer around the pots, then return to my previous position. I single-hand so that gets tiring to say the least. Has anyone come up with a way to mount a seat that is centered behind the steering wheel that will still let you get into the aft cockpit lazarette and that raises you high enough to see out of the cockpit? Is there another solution?
Most of what I've learned, I learned not through brilliance, but through persistence.

Mike Zofchak

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Erie Queen
Re: Captain's Chair = Seat
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 12:15:47 pm »
Rick,
I am hoping someone has a good solution as I have been thinking about the exact same seating problem.
Capt. Mike Zofchak
S/V Erie Queen