Author Topic: Rudder CSY 33  (Read 180 times)

sassea

• View Profile
Rudder CSY 33
« on: February 13, 2019, 10:54:13 PM »
I am new owner of Rhapsody, CSY 33, and had her surveyed. Will need bottom work. There is a soft spot on rudder and a small 2 inch square on hull where fiberglass is showing. Boat is in Ft Lauderdale where I need someone to do repairs. I don’t mind taking boat Indiantown or as far as ft pierce. For now just looking for reputable worker. Any ideas?

Matthew Balch

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Chilly Pepper
Re: Rudder CSY 33
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 11:48:12 AM »
Congratulations on your purchase.  That's a nice boat.  I saw her in Key West last time I sailed there.
Although I don't have a specific person or company to recommend for your fiberglass repairs, the boatyards around FTL are full of experts.  You may wish to visit these yards and ask around for the best person for these types of repairs.  You may even see some of these guys in action, too.
Good luck!

Tanadam

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: Csy37b
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 02:52:35 AM »
My memory of csy rudder is it is a shell filled with polyester composition .
There is an old head head CSY (MEP) mechanical,  electrical , plumbing, fellow in Oldmars, fl.
His name is Pat he ownes a yacht  repair company there. Pat worked for CSY back in the day.

Tanadam

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: Csy37b
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 03:16:20 AM »
Peterson Marine in Oldmar is Pat`s company last I spoke with Pat he was is the process  of retiring so not sure if he can still be contacted there. Hope this helps as Pat was of great help back in the day when CSY was closings it's  doors.