Author Topic: Air conditioner for 44 W/O main cabin  (Read 39 times)

S/V HALANI

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
  • Boat Name: HALANI
Air conditioner for 44 W/O main cabin
« on: February 09, 2019, 07:52:20 AM »
We are new CSY owners and looking forward to our first sailing season this spring. We were given an air conditioner as part of the sales agreement and are considering where to install it. It’s a two part system with separate compressor and fan unit. Just looking for some ideas of where to best locate it.

svsurprise

• View Profile
Re: Air conditioner for 44 W/O main cabin
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »
Congratulations on your purchase.  On Surprise, the main shower had been turned into a large closet so I installed the AC reverse cycle unit (one part) on the floor of the closet.  It made running the duct work easy and the condensate drain just went down the old shower drain.  Not inferring this is the best way, just the way I did it.

Good luck, Don
Surprise

S/V HALANI

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
  • Boat Name: HALANI
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 06:11:28 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m hoping to keep the shower around though. I’m thinking of putting it under the V berth.

svsurprise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 03:04:51 PM »
That would certainly work but my bow thruster installation prevented that.  Remember that the air intake can be a bit noisy if you sleep up there. One way to quiet the intake fan is to run it via a duct, the longer the quieter.  Not that this is always a viable method in a boat but I learned it the hard way in one of my houses.
Don