Author Topic: CSY Hull Number System  (Read 248 times)

RDL1850

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
CSY Hull Number System
« on: January 31, 2019, 01:25:21 PM »
HI All, I am a soon to be new owner of CSY 44 WO. I am trying to decipher hull number code and where is it located on boat

Matthew Balch

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Chilly Pepper
Re: CSY Hull Number System
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »
You can find the HIN for the boat imprinted into the fiberglass on the upper starboard corner of the transom.  If you do a search using the words hull number, you  will find several threads on this subject that explain everything.

RDL1850

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 02:41:44 PM »
I'm not to internet savvy, so maybe it's just my lack of skill, but I could not find an explanation of CSY HIN code. My boat's HIN is TXY44600579. What does this indicate? the "T" is Tampa I think and "79" at end is year. Is my boat hull #600?

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 12:30:49 AM »
Hi, the TXY is a 3-letter designation assigned to the manufacturer.  44 is 44 foot length.  If there is a letter "W" after the TXY44, it means:

W - Walkthrough
K - Pilothouse
A - Bottom Liner

The last 4 digits are the month and year that the hull was started (0579 means May 1979).

Clicking through our CSY Database (informally maintained by me), I would say you are missing a number (or a letter), and my guess is you have bought Heart of Gold, TXY441600579.

If so, do you plan to keep the name?  What's her home port now?  If not, can you double-check your hull number and give me your boat name?

Sherry
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/