Author Topic: CSY 44  (Read 28 times)

sassea

• View Profile
CSY 44
« on: October 06, 2018, 02:21:23 PM »
In my search for a structurally sound off shore cruising network I am interested in a CSY 44 or a CSY 33. Currently, there are two for sale. My questions are:  How reasonable is it for one person to dock and weigh anchor?  I had a 35 foot Trimaran that I found user friendly in these regards. For the CSY I will install, if not already installed a manual along with an electrical windlass. The 44 has appeal because of all the room. I expect to live onboard up to five years.

Any and all thoughts will be appreciated. Thank you.

Soggy Paws

• View Profile
    • Cruising with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
Re: CSY 44
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 10:27:13 AM »
Hi Marlene,
Big difference between a CSY 44 and a 33.  For one person a 33 should be fine as a liveaboard coastal.  For long distance cruising bigger is usually better because of the load carrying capacity, but it is a lot of boat for a single hander.  Both are excellent boats if in good shape--look very carefully at any purchase options.   Your ability to handle docking on either depends on how good you are at it. They are both very heavy boats for their size.  Our 44 cat weighs half what our CSY 44 did.                                                                                                                                              No need to buy a separate manual windlass as most electrics come with manual back up and they are pretty reliable.  A single hander will benefit from a wireless remote available on the internet for about $15.  Marine versions are $200.  I recommend Lofrans Tigres for the 44 and next smaller Lofrans for the 33.  I have extensive experience with both.                                                                                                                                                    If you want to discuss in more detail see us in Melbourne after about 17 Oct.                                               Dave and Sherry
CSY 44 Walkthru #35, Soggy Paws
Soggy Paws the CSY has been SOLD
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/For_Sale.htm