Author Topic: SEARCH OF "MY" ORIGINS  (Read 394 times)

seashell

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY44
  • Boat Name: DOUDOU
SEARCH OF "MY" ORIGINS
« on: March 23, 2018, 11:57:52 PM »
[img]Hi all,
I m looking for info about DOU DOU a CSY44 walkover cutter built in 1978 in TAMPA Florida. the hull number look like customised : 384346 16.21 TNS registered in SAINT MAARTENS under SX 2170 PC holding a Westerbeke 63HP engine
May be you know this boat.
Thanks in advance
Stéphane

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
Re: SEARCH OF "MY" ORIGINS
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 03:02:53 AM »
Hi Stephane, I have an entry for DouDou in the database, but it's not complete--no hull number though it says it was made in 1977.  Here's what I have:  (FS = For Sale)

FS 01/2011 $139K - YW#526986
FS 11/2009 $139K - •YW# 1398-526986
10-01 FS 10/02 $180K
99 FS$105-110K

Was damaged in storm in '97 but restored.
Owned since new.

The only owner contact info I have seems to be a broker in St. Maarten.

Hope this helps.

Sherry
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/

seashell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 08:15:01 AM »
Thanks Soggy Geek,

DOUDOU has been well damaged thru IRMA. her mast is broken but I m keen to restore her once again. I hope I will find some help with your forum and database. I dont understand why the HIN is different of what it should be, and if it it really a CSY how could we find the original hull number, unless it is not done by CSY..I will update the info for your database with what i have soon, late owners...

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 08:58:35 AM »
How do you know it doesn't have a real CSY hull number?  Have you checked the stern?  I think the hull number is supposed to be engraved on the right side of the stern.  If the boat has been painted (likely, since it is so old), the hull number that is normally engraved on the stern (in 1.25 cm height, approximately), may not be visible.

It may be possible to deduce what hull number it is... pull the drawers out and look to see if there is a number written in magic marker on the bottom of the drawers.

If the boat was contracted new from the factory by a Dutch or French owner, it may well have been commissioned with the hull number / format required by France or the Netherlands.  But I would bet that the drawers might tell what hull number (in CSY terms) it is.

I hope you have an easy time of restoring her.  The CSY is a GREAT world cruising boat.  Still missing our CSY 44 WT (a little bit...catamarans rock too, if you can afford them).

Sherry

seashell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 07:02:39 PM »
I found indeed starboard stern under the paint the following number : TXY 44078 C178  may be the C is a 0, not sure. The number if the aft Cabin is a different format. I did not find any magic marker marks for now. Does this number has any sens with you database?
Sincerely
S

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 08:39:49 PM »
TXY 44 078 0178 

Yes, this is the normal CSY 44 numbering system.  Your boat is #78 of the Walkover model, and the 0178 means the hull layup was started in January 1978.  (What was in my database, source unknown, was 01/77, but I have updated it).

So, will you keep the name Doudou, or change it?  Does it have the original engine? (My info says Westerbeke)  Full keel or shoal keel?  (Full = 6-7 ft draft, Shoal = 4.5-5.5 ft draft).

Sherry