Author Topic: 44 WO in Coconut Grove, Fl. now on ebay  (Read 482 times)

Doug Vaughn

• View Profile
44 WO in Coconut Grove, Fl. now on ebay
« on: March 23, 2018, 06:47:48 AM »
Saw this boat on ebay, don't know anything about it but may be the boat for somebody looking...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-CSY-44-Mid-Cockpit-Cutter-Used/123035211263?hash=item1ca57855ff:g:8pEAAOSwqURatCdE

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
Re: 44 WO in Coconut Grove, Fl. now on ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 09:24:39 AM »
Thanks for posting, Doug.  We have terrible internet here, I can't get the pics to paint full screen.  Is there a boat name visible in the pics?  The only one I know of in the Miami area is Chilly Pepper, but that boat is in good enough condition that they shouldn't be selling for such a low price (and I think we'd have heard from them directly if they were selling).

Anyone looking, CSY's are great boats.  Very rugged and not bad sailing boats.  Designed for Caribbean conditions, by someone who knew cruising (vs today's modern boats where they are selling glitz for the marina set, not real cruising boats).

However, a boat offered at $55K has got to be a distress sale.  Meaning low prior maintenance.  If you are a handy person, this might be a good deal.  But if not, it will be a nightmare project.
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/

Matthew Balch

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Chilly Pepper
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »
Sherry, it's not Chilly Pepper.  She's not for sale.  There are several 44 W/O's in the Miami area besides mine.  Today while cruising  up from the Keys, I saw Peter Schmidt's old boat, now owned by his son, a Miami Harbor Pilot.  It's not that one, either.  I'm pretty sure I have seen the one that's for sale day sailing to Key Biscayne from the Grove, but I cannot recall the name of that boat.  Also near my dock is Tullamore Due, another 44 W/O.  Matthew

MY TIME

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 07:10:24 AM »
Looking thru the photos the name on transom is SKOAL. Chain plates upgraded to the outside. Boat did not look neglected at all. Mostly all original unmolested interior.
Donald