Author Topic: Perkins 4-154 Jabsco/Sherwood Raw Water Pump Hat Style Pulley  (Read 240 times)

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
Perkins 4-154 Jabsco/Sherwood Raw Water Pump Hat Style Pulley
« on: December 19, 2017, 12:45:54 AM »
Skip Gundlach posted this on his facebook page.  Not sure if this is a useful bit on the CSY Perkins' (and Dave's not here right now to ask).  Thought I'd pass it on, in case anyone is desperate for something like this.

Vero Beach Free to good home Perkins 4-154 Jabsco/Sherwood Raw Water
Pump Hat Style Pulley

http://skip.justpickone.org/gallery/index.php?dispsize=Original&mode=view&album=Flying+Pig+Shakedown+2013-2014%2FRaw+Water+Pump&pic=100_4058.JPG

Essentially similar (and this may be the specific part) to this cast iron pulley.

However, before you get all excited:

This pulley had been wobbled-out in a previous life. A friend with a machine shop at his disposal sleeved it for me 12 years ago.

However, it has again wobbled out. Likely the best way to deal with it would be to replace the center, though it could possibly be sleeved again.

Consultation with a machine shop revealed that it was eminently do-able, but would cost a significant portion of the new ones
available, machined from a single billet of aluminum.

Thus, not for me (and I've bought one of those machined jobs) but quite possibly for one of you who has access to the material and machinery to bring it back to useful life.

Free to good home in Vero Beach while we're here (we're looking for a weather window to go to the Bahamas), or wherever else we may be later.

It's such a rare item that I'll not toss it, but it's too heavy to ship cheaply, as well as, frankly, I don't want to mess with it :)

Please, no PMs, nor responding-to-thread.

If you want it, email me. skipgundlach@gmail.com

First come, first served, of course...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:47:47 AM by Soggy Geek »
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/