Author Topic: Hard Dodgers  (Read 854 times)

Warren Daniels

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Sea Notes
Hard Dodgers
« on: June 18, 2009, 05:03:19 PM »
Dave,

You will find I'm full of questions!  ??? As my wife and I are getting into sailing late in life, my learning curve is steep and being so far from the boat, all I can do is ask questions.  But....I appreciate and thank Ron S, you, and others who put up with my sometimes silly and mundane questions.

Oh by the way, I have been looking at how you did your bimini on your boat. Do you mind if I copy some or all of your ideas and use them?  And would you be so kind as to ask your lovely wife if a spell check would be doable on the forums. My spelling is attrosio, atrusi... oh heck, awful! ;D

Warren
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:18:01 PM by Soggy Geek »

Soggy Paws

• View Profile
    • Cruising with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
Hard Dodgers
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »
Warren,

Knock yourself out on the hard dodger.  We think it is great, and much stronger and better looking than the conventional SS tube and sunbrella bimini.  For anyone else who hasn't found our website pics on this:

http://svsoggypaws.com/cockpit.htm#dodger

Re the spell check, Sherry says she will look into it.

Dave
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:19:44 PM by Soggy Geek »
CSY 44 Walkthru #35, Soggy Paws
Soggy Paws the CSY has been SOLD
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/For_Sale.htm

Peter Rabbit

• View Profile
Hard Dodgers
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 07:54:10 PM »
Quote from: Dave McCampbell
Warren,

Knock yourself out on the hard dodger.

On hard dodgers and tops I know there has been many discussion about them in the past so I thought I would cut this to a new topic.

I have seen lots of different approaches over the years so maybe others might like to hear what's out there.  Dave's is real nice I agree.

From a safety and comfort stand point I have grown to love mine.  From storing the main sail it is way better than those large bimini tops....... Just love it.

BTW -- my spelling is worse than anyone...... so yea on the spell checker.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:22:58 PM by Soggy Geek »