Author Topic: Psyche. Csy 33  (Read 76 times)

psyche

• View Profile
Psyche. Csy 33
« on: September 17, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »
Gentlemen,
My vessel a 1979 CSY 33, located in Rockport, Texas was declared a constructive total loss.  She was dismasted when an adjacent covered boat stall roof launched into her. She also sustained damage to the pulpit, forward half stanchions, bent boom gallows as well as a small amount of port aft teak damage. The interior of the vessel did not receive any damage. She has a 2008 new Diesel engine with maybe 60 hours. Cockpit did not sustain any damage and she can manuver by motor.
Boat US offered me the salvage, but at 70 years of age I am just to tired for the undertaking. I purchased her in dec of 1979 and have had her for these last 37 years. 37 years of enjoyment.
I am not sure of any time frame of the auction they have after the storm, but she would make someone a great boat. As I get any other info I will pass it on.
David Boyd

Original Owner

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
Re: Psyche. Csy 33
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 06:16:30 AM »
David,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Psyche.  What a tragedy to total her, as we know how sturdy a boat she is.  Someone has been looking for a 33 (I forget who, and whether they were on the forum or the CSY Facebook Group, but I will look it up).  Maybe we can put them in touch with the insurance company, so if you get any additional info, please let us know.

I just hope that with so many boats lost, they don't do something drastic like take a chainsaw to her.  It must be a nightmare right now for the insurance companies.  And it ain't over yet!

Sherry
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/