Author Topic: Affordable resource for a Single bowl galley sink  (Read 835 times)

Brett

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: 1979 CSY 44' WO
  • Boat Name: Kitty Hawk
Affordable resource for a Single bowl galley sink
« on: September 10, 2016, 02:16:40 PM »
Hello All....my wife has always wanted to replace our double bowl stainless sink with a large single bowl stainless sink.  It just didn't become one of those projects that got to the top of our list.  Recently we had to remove the existing sink and in the process discovered that it was held in by a copious amount of 3M 5200....needless to say the sink was bent in the process of removing it so we began to seriously look for a replacement. Since the sink was 17" front to back it was impossible to find a mass produced replacement in any boat or RV stores (and we searched and called for weeks while working our way back up the Keys).  We got some custom fabrication quotes ranging from $1,000 to $1,500 so that seemed like a dead end. Until we came upon a fabricator from near our old home town who made us a new sink for $250 !!!! We just installed it today so some photos will be coming but we are very pleased so far.  If anyone is in a similar position and wants a new sink please let me know and I can get you the contact info for the gentleman who made ours.