Author Topic: CSY 44 MAST and RIgging  (Read 1170 times)

xpfenech

• View Profile
CSY 44 MAST and RIgging
« on: August 21, 2016, 10:59:30 AM »
Hi all,

I was sailing colombia and ended up in a beach. Long story short, the boat was dismasted when the Colombian coast guard tried to pull it out. So, I am selling it for 25 K USD as it is, but in case I do not sell it, I will go and fix it. Here I attached a few pictures.

The question is how get that piece that connects the two pieces of the mast. The piece is broken in the picture.

Maighstir

• For your head, hands and heart
    • View Profile
    • Bootbouwschool
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
  • Boat Name: Maighstir
Re: CSY 44 MAST and RIgging
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 02:24:28 PM »
Hi Xpfenech,
What seems to me the biggest problem: how to get that connection pieces out of your mast.
To get a new connectionpiece could be an issue but according to me a mast is made of standard profiles. The connection piec might be a standard piece too?

Matthew Balch

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Chilly Pepper
Re: CSY 44 MAST and RIgging
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 10:55:19 AM »
Sorry to hear about your damaged mast.  I guess it is fortunate that it broke where it was spliced.  It is my understanding that the original masts on the CSY 44 were from Kenyon Spars.  That company is now owned by Rig-Rite, Inc.  According to the website, www.rigrite.Com, they can still provide most of their original mast sections.  They should also be able to fabricate the inner section of the splice.

If you don't have any luck with that, perhaps you can find a professional rigger who can do the job.

Good luck, Matthew