Author Topic: ownership  (Read 1732 times)

Rioux LM

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 wo
ownership
« on: June 05, 2016, 01:53:06 PM »
 Hi every one
Since the third of June I am now a new owner of a CSY 44 WO
the name of the boat is S/V John Henry Ankers
txy440681077
so finally my dreams are coming through and will be sailing
I have been reading all your post and it made me realise how great the CSY are as a sailboat
thanks to all and you will see me asking questions about the boat even more as there is a lot of work to be done
to refurbish that boat
 sorry it is 058 hull number ,
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:26:34 AM by Rioux LM »

Matthew Balch

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Chilly Pepper
Re: ownership
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 10:00:56 AM »
Congratulations on your purchase.  I know you will have lots of fun working and sailing this great boat.  The CSY list shows this vessel as #58 and in North Carolina.  You may wish to send in any changes so the list can be updated with the new ownership details.

You will find this forum to be a great help with any questions you may have as you move forward with your plans.

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 09:03:48 PM »
Louis,

Congratulations on your purchase!  I hope you are now enjoying "the good life" as a boat owner!

Lots of work...but lots of reward!

I looked up your boat name in the CSY database (as Matt did) and the proper hull number for your boat, I think, is #58

TXY440581077, formerly owned by John Kitson of NC.  #68 is Hoot Mon, still owned by the Richards (and based in Jacksonville, I think).

Sherry
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/

Rioux LM

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 wo
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 08:19:52 AM »
hi every one
you are right it is 058
because of the paint the 5 looked like a 6
sorry about that

Matthew Balch

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Chilly Pepper
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 04:16:56 PM »
Hi Louis,  that's not a problem.  It is good to have all the numbers just right.  Incidentally,  you can verify the number by pulling out any drawer in the boat and see the number repeated on the bottom of the drawer.  That's a funny thing about thee boats,  as the woodwork appears to have been custom made for each individual boat.  Matthew

Creekmore John

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 10:29:31 PM »
Hoot Mon is still owned by John and Widget (Janis) Richards.  Hoot Mon is now in Atlanta.  Actually has been since April 2013.  Hoot Mon is on Lake Lanier, just NE of Atlanta.  Hoot Mon is a big part of our lives and from our home in Atlanta, it was tough to get to Jacksonville often enough.  So we brought her to Atlanta.  We are on Hoot Mon almost every weekend and most holidays.  Maybe we'll get back to the coast in a few years after we retire.