Author Topic: CSY 33 Thru Hull Question  (Read 2927 times)

Andrew Britland

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 33
  • Boat Name: Infinite Light
CSY 33 Thru Hull Question
« on: February 28, 2016, 10:22:05 am »
Hello, I am new to the forum and have recently purchases a 1980 CSY 33.  I have a question about a thru hull on the bottom starboard side of the keel.  It is threaded and initially I thought it was some kind of keel drain but it is not.  I have traced all other internal plumbing and nothing goes to this part of the keel.  Does anyone have any idea what it goes to.  There is no way I can see to access it internally. I attached picture for reference. I appreciate any help.

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
Re: CSY 33 Thru Hull Question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 05:30:36 pm »
Hi Andrew, welcome to the CSY Owners Forum.

What's the name of the boat you bought?  (we might have previous owner's info) and where is it?

That surely is a weird place for a through-hull!

Sherry
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/

Andrew Britland

• View Profile
  • Boat Name: Infinite Light
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 05:15:07 pm »
The Orignal name was Alcazar out of Virginia and then changed to Imagine out of Connecticut after it was sold some time ago.. I have the owners (who I bought it from) Information via the broker who is posing the question to him but it's taking a while to get a response so I figured I post something on here.  I have gained a lot of information from this forum already and it has been really helpful discovering the know issues with CSY's but more importantly what was done to fix the issues and mine is no different Unfortunately.. (Mostly with station leaks)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 05:18:18 pm by Andrew Britland »

deLight

• View Profile
  • Boat Name: deLight
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 11:43:17 am »
Not a standard item on 33s. It is in the part of the keel which is normally filled with lead. Maybe someone thought to add a keel cooler at one time.