Author Topic: Fuel tank supplier  (Read 1155 times)

Mike Zofchak

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Buckeye Queen
Fuel tank supplier
« on: February 24, 2016, 08:34:58 AM »
Hello All,

I have just received the new fuel tanks for our refit. I found the original manufacturer and they are great to deal with. They had the original drawings and the new tanks are exactly like the old tanks. The gentleman I dealt with was Sam and he is a super nice guy.

I do have the old tanks if any one wants them (free), they are not leaking but one has some bad pitting on the back side. I decided I did not want to take a chance since I have everything already tore up.

RDS Manufacturing
300 Industrial Park Drive
PO Box 1908
Perry, Florida 32348

850-584-6898
Capt. Mike Zofchak
Land Locked S/V Buckeye Queen

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
Re: Fuel tank supplier
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:11:10 AM »
Hi Mike,

That is great info, thanks for posting.

You have a 44 Walkover, right?  Any idea whether he also did the tanks for the 33's, 37's, and 44WT's?

We still have our original tank, with no problems.  The CSY tanks were constructed well and installed properly--that's why we don't have owners crying about tanks leaking (unlike other similar vintage boats).

Sherry
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/

Mike Zofchak

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Buckeye Queen
Re: Fuel tank supplier
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 10:05:56 AM »
Hello Sherry,

Yes I do have a walkover. I believe they did make all the tanks, when I called he found the drawings in a matter of minutes. I had the original rating plate with model numbers so I think that made it much easier. The funny part is he came back on the phone and says " yes I have the original drawings here and they are for  a CSY yacht" I nearly fell off my chair. Again super people to deal with.

You are right, they are built and installed correctly. I just decided to replace the old tanks because of pitting in the port tank and everything is wide open right now. I sure would not want to pull the tanks with engine and other equipment in place.
Capt. Mike Zofchak
Land Locked S/V Buckeye Queen