Author Topic: CSY Owners (and friends) Breakfast Nov 14 at SSCA Gam ??  (Read 3195 times)

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
CSY Owners (and friends) Breakfast Nov 14 at SSCA Gam ??
« on: October 30, 2015, 12:09:19 am »
Dave and I are organizing yet another "CSY Breakfast" in Melbourne Florida in conjunction with the Seven Seas Cruising Association Melbourne Gam, which is Fri-Sat-Sun Nov 13-15, in Melbourne Florida.

I think we'll start at 7am, probably at the usual place at Memaws Barbeque (and breakfast).  More details later.

You don't have to be a member of SSCA to attend the Gam.  You don't have to attend the Gam to come to the breakfast.  But I guarantee there are lots of good topics on the agenda.  One of the major topics this year is Cruising to Cuba.  Dave is also giving a talk on "Evaluating Modern Catamarans"

Here's a link to the Gam page on the SSCA website, where you can register.

https://ssca.org/#/40thannualmelbournegam/

Registration is $35 for SSCA members and $50 for non-members, and covers 2 1/2 days of seminars. Plus there is a great Marine Flea Market on Sunday morning.  This year we are also doing Ham Exams on Sunday afternoon.

NOTE: REGISTRATION PRICE GOES UP AFTER OCT 31. 

We will be there all weekend.  We will be attending (bartending!) at the Friday night cocktail party and will also be attending the Saturday night dinner, so if you want to hang with us, you should probably register for those optional activities as well.  Dave usually goes out somewhere offsite for lunch, so we haven't bought lunches.

If you're planning to come to the breakfast, please let us know by posting here, PM, email, phone call, whatever.  We just need a reasonably accurate headcount so we can make a reservation at Memaws in advance.

Breakfast is casual, we just order off the menu and pay for ourselves.

The Cuba seminar starts at 0845 Saturday morning, so we'll have to get going on breakfast early to make sure we're done and back to the Civic Center by 8:45.

If you have questions, please ask here!

Sherry
s/v Soggy Paws
Soggy Paws is in the Philippines, we're in the U.S. til January
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/

Matthew Balch

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 W/O
  • Boat Name: Chilly Pepper
Re: CSY Owners (and friends) Breakfast Nov 14 at SSCA Gam ??
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 06:35:22 am »
Hi Sherry,  Adriana and I will attend the breakfast and the Gam. Thanks, Matthew

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 06:22:52 am »
Hi Matthew,

Looking forward to seeing you!

Anyone else coming?  (I think Kitty Hawk is in town, so they will probably be there)

Sherry
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/

Brett

• View Profile
    • www.learntoliveaboard.com
  • Boat Type: 1979 CSY 44' WO
  • Boat Name: Kitty Hawk
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 07:19:30 am »
We will be in Melbourne and plan to attend the breakfast and maybe the Gam....$50 per person.....may have to skip that ....I don't recall it being that expensive when we went in 2013......see you at breakfast for sure......it seems like a membership renewal used to get you in for far less than $35....or maybe I'm just getting old.....or boat broke...or both.....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:33:10 am by Brett »

Soggy Paws

• View Profile
    • Cruising with Soggy Paws
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 11:14:12 am »
The SSCA Gam is being held this year at the Eau Gallie Civic Center 13-15 Nov.  The CSY breakfast will be Sat morning 14 Nov.

As in years past we will post a CSY Breakfast sign up sheet on Friday inside the SSCA Gam entrance doors.  Pls either let us know here on the forum or sign up on the sheet if you plan to come to the breakfast.  I need to have a fairly firm count so I can let Memaws know Friday night how many are coming Saturday morning.  They will have a table set up for us at 0700. 

We will be there from about 0700 until about 0830 having breakfast for anyone that wants to join us.  You don't need to go to the Gam if you come to the breakfast.   At this point we have about 10 people signed up.

Dave
CSY 44 Walkthru #35, Soggy Paws
Soggy Paws the CSY has been SOLD
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/For_Sale.htm

dawnsmartin

• View Profile
    • Sailblogs: SV Firefly
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
  • Boat Name: Firefly
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 12:12:48 pm »
Would love to attend, as brand new CSY owners! But alas, we are on the WRONG coast, lol! Will start planning for next year's SSCA GAM, and the CSY breakfast...

Cheers,
Dawn
S/V Firefly, Hull #144
San Diego, CA
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/svfirefly/