Author Topic: Cockpit Storage Dimensions Needed  (Read 1023 times)

Bill Bischoff

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
  • Boat Name: Odyssey
Cockpit Storage Dimensions Needed
« on: March 13, 2014, 04:31:45 PM »
Hi all,

I just left my boat yesterday in La Paz, BCS, and wont be back for a while.  I meant to measure the widths of the fore, aft, and port-side cockpit locker lids.  My plan is to fit fiddles to these three sides that will hold a board in place while anchored.  I could then use the space to the left of the helm as an extra berth/lounging area.

I have a 1979 44 WO.  Could any of you help me out with the measurements of the widths of these three locker/lazarette lids?

I'll post pics of the project if it turns out well.  

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Bill
Odyssey, 1979 44 WO
Lying La Paz, BCS

Yourtruenorth1

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:05:29 PM »
Hi Bill, I just got back to this site for the first time in a long time as I'm finally changing my Crosby refer over to Frigoboat. I saw this post and coincidentally have just cut a piece of plywood and have been glassing over before ill coat with bright side hatteras off white and mount fiddles  on those 3 sides. I figure the cutout will live on underside of engine hatch or maybe under aft companionway ladder. This is the second piece of wood I cut as measurements were off first one. Do you have a direct email, I'll send pics and board measurements, and you can improve upon my simple design. I have lots of project stuff to upload to Dropbox, just need to get around to it.
Cheers,
Steve

Bill Bischoff

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
  • Boat Name: Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 12:56:10 AM »
Hi Steve, thanks for your offer.  It's funny that we never got together in the year and aHalf that I was in Channel Islands Harbor.  I used to paddleboard by your boat, but never caught you aboard.  I would greatly appreciate the info for your cockpit bunk project.  You can reach me at  whiteyfish@charterdotnet.

Thanks and cheers, Bill
Odyssey, 1979 44 WO
Lying La Paz, BCS