Author Topic: Securing engine room hatch boards  (Read 2143 times)

RHoodJr

• View Profile
Securing engine room hatch boards
« on: July 26, 2009, 05:45:19 pm »
If anyone has a good suggestion for securing the engine room hatch boards on a 44w/o I would appreciate hearing how you did it.

Peter Roach

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
  • Boat Name: Grace
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:24:28 pm »
I put hinges and spring shocks on mine. It scared me even more thinking about removing them to check the oil or filter while in any type of seas. You can see how I did it on my boat's website. My profile is linked to the web site.
I tried having a bad day once but I did not like it

svwindstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 10:50:26 pm »
The best system I have seen is Bob Beasley's walkover "Rosalie Ann". He mounted a key lock that positively made sure they did not open.Maybe when they get back he will take some pictures for you.

RosalieAnn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:16:44 am »
Quote from: Charles S Jackson III
The best system I have seen is Bob Beasley's walkover "Rosalie Ann". He mounted a key lock that positively made sure they did not open.Maybe when they get back he will take some pictures for you.

These are the pictures in an album - they are photos 2, 3 and 4, but the site is being sticky for me, so I'll just post them here

http://www.photoworks.com/servlet/GetThumb;jsessionid=413B6EBADC7E442F0D689220D669C61D?353858965,600x800,90,0,0&cb=PW&toh=&svr=pw-web9

#01- Engine hatches hinged
Engine hatches were hinged and provided with twist locks. Hatches can be removed by sliding off hinge.

RosalieAnn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:20:40 am »
Quote from: RosalieAnn

#01- Engine hatches hinged
Engine hatches were hinged and provided with twist locks. Hatches can be removed by sliding off hinge.

RosalieAnn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 12:24:08 am »
Quote from: RosalieAnn

This shows the hatch opened up and held open by a bungee cord - it doesn't have to be removed and when underway it is easier not to remove it.