Author Topic: Sailing at last! Quick Vid of our Antigua 44 under sail.  (Read 1631 times)

Australis II

• View Profile
Sailing at last! Quick Vid of our Antigua 44 under sail.
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:11:57 AM »
Finally - out on the water at last!  :)

We still have heaps of work to do - the new Raymarine Autohelm controller is still down with their repair division and this trip I'm reglassing that midships hawser thru hole from underneath which will mean removing all our new electronics and the new nav desk wall and table. Two steps forward, one step back as they say.  :-\\

We also have a leak on the starboard main window so I'll look at fixing that as well.

I've just posted a small youtube vid of Australis under sail:

http://youtu.be/Pwx8-6HHwk8

It just occurs to me that we have almost the same cockpit hard dodger and extension as Soggy Paws as well as the clears. A great design guys! well done - we love it too!

You'll also see our new navigation helm pod which we're rather pleased about together with a glimpse of the wind generator atop our mizzen.

We've been documenting our rewiring and the new electronics and 240/12v distribution system as well as the new hydraulic autohelm install so we'll post these shortly.

Again, our great appreciation to everyone for their advice, support and insights as we settle into our new home  :)

Fair winds,

Australis II

Bill Bischoff

• View Profile
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WO
  • Boat Name: Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:11:17 PM »
Very nice Shaun.
Odyssey, 1979 44 WO
Lying La Paz, BCS

Neal

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 08:34:52 PM »
Nice Vid, great music! I like the angled pics off the bow.