Author Topic: CSY Hull Numbers  (Read 8030 times)

Soggy Paws

• View Profile
    • Cruising with Soggy Paws
  • Boat Type: CSY 44 WT
  • Boat Name: Soggy Paws
CSY Hull Numbers
« on: June 19, 2009, 10:18:29 AM »
Dave/Lloyd,

I don't know the answer to how many 44WTs were made. Maybe Rosalie can answer this when she gets back from travel in July.  She has been keeping the list for years.  And she has agreed to let us post it on the CSY website for all to see.

Lloyd, are you saying you have no 44WT hull number 13 or no CSY of any model with number 13?  How many WTs do you have on your list and do you have all the numbers 1-42 listed?

Dave
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:17:12 PM by Soggy Geek »
CSY 44 Walkthru #35, Soggy Paws
Soggy Paws the CSY has been SOLD
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/For_Sale.htm

Sybarite33

• View Profile
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »
Dave,

I have 29 walkthroughs on my list. There are 13 empty slots  (including #13) but two of them are probably or may be El Unicorn (ON622986, expired '90) and Heart of Oak (Nova Scotia) with unk. hull #s.   I'm missing 6,7,10,12,13,15,17,19,20,24,26,31 & 32

No Hull #13s found yet for any other CSYs

Lloyd
Sybarite 33 CSY Hull #52
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:18:28 PM by Soggy Geek »

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Cruise Around the World with Soggy Paws
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »
Lloyd,

I don't know if you know Rosalie or not, but you and she should get together on the CSY listing when she gets back from her trip in July. She probably has some of the names you are missing and some may also pop up on the CSY map.  She has been keeping the list for at least 10 years now, and there are others that have lists also.

We are hoping to make the updated complete list available for everyone to see once she has it sorted out. 

Sherry
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:19:22 PM by Soggy Geek »
Soggy Paws the CSY has been sold but not forgotten!
http://svsoggypaws.com/CSY/

Sybarite33

• View Profile
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 07:53:02 AM »
Hi Sherry,

Thanks. I've been intending to get with Rosalie on the CSY lists.  That would be nice to have a complete list here on this site.  The map is nice.

Lloyd
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:20:17 PM by Soggy Geek »

Jonathan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 02:38:26 PM »
Quote from: Lloyd Lofland
On my lists of all CSYs by Hull# I don't have any with Hull #13.

Lloyd Lofland
Sybarite CSY33 Hull #52

...Great.  So since my hull number is 14, that actually makes it ... No, no, I don't want to even say it. :P

Jonathan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:22:14 PM by Soggy Geek »

Warren Daniels

• View Profile
  • Boat Name: Sea Notes
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 02:52:18 PM »
Lloyd,
This is the serial number as stamped on the back of my boat. TXY44W0030180
Warren
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:23:43 PM by Soggy Geek »

Sybarite33

• View Profile
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 12:01:38 AM »
Jonathan & Becky,
I guess maybe that's why they skipped the 13s. She seems to have done alright for 30 years, I wouldn't worry about it.  FYI - 33CSY #12 is in the yard here in Key West, new name is "Gone Again".  Also, 33CSY #15 is "Winter Rose".

Warren,
I don't know why your hull # is in a slightly different format than most of the others.  Looks like Hull #2 "Ol' Dog" has the same format as yours.  (Coast Guard Documentation Center shows your Hull# as TXY44W003018.) Hull #4 through 42 look to be the regular format (TXY= Manufacturer, 44= Legnth, W= Walkthrough, next two digits are hull #, last four digits are month and year of manufacture.)     
Lloyd- "Sybarite" 33CSY #52 Key West
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:25:35 PM by Soggy Geek »

Warren Daniels

• View Profile
  • Boat Name: Sea Notes
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 02:11:49 PM »
Yes I know that the CG shows it as that. They dropped the last zero.  I will correct that when we get back down to Florida.  What I think is that someone in the factory thought that they would make more than the 40 or so Walkthroughs and just started putting 3 digits for hull numbers before they were told to only start with 2 digits.

Warren
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:26:41 PM by Soggy Geek »

Joan Mason

CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 11:05:49 PM »
Hi, all, I don't know if it would help get a jump start on the list of Hull numbers but I have a copy I got from Rosalie in 2004, when we were trying to place Fils de Bast in the list. I'm afraid to send it to the list - its 5 pages long. I'm afraid to send it to the list - its 5 pages long.  Will it mess up the list by sending it as a post? If Sherry or someone would tell me how to send it I would be glad to do so.

Great to see a lot of old aquaintence and friends, Even old Tom. Welcome back, Tom. Remember you still have friends in St. Petersburg.

Joan Mason
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:28:16 PM by Soggy Geek »

Sybarite33

• View Profile
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 06:40:16 AM »
Joan, Sherry & Rosemary,

I'd like to see that list from 2004. I'd also like to share my lists with whichever CSY owners are interested but I don't know about the posting on here either.  I also don't want to step on any toes even though most of the information is available on line.    I'm open to suggestions.   

Lloyd
S/V "Sybarite" 33CSY Hull#52
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:29:26 PM by Soggy Geek »

Joan Mason

CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »
Lloyd,

My list, I just realized, is only 33's as our boat was a 33, sadly we sold it 2 years ago. But at the time Rosalie sent it to me as I wanted to see where Fils de Bast fit in the list.  We thought it was the last hull which it appears it was.

If you would like, I could send it to you personally if you would like to send your personal email.  I am concerned about crashing this with that much info on 1 post and I think it might confuse people when Rosalie posts the complete list. I have a #13 on the list but do not have a owner or boat for that number.  So this will not clear up your question.   You might just wait for Rosalie as Sherry says she has been at this business for over 10 years and keeps a very concise list. She might have clearer information.

Joan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:31:01 PM by Soggy Geek »

Sybarite33

• View Profile
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 07:56:37 PM »
Joan,

Sure I'd like a copy of your list. Also, do you have the name of the new owner who bought your boat?  Do you have the documentation # or was she state or foreign registered?  Do you know if the new owner changed the name of Fils de Bast?   ON619792@aol.com 

Thanks,
Lloyd
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:31:43 PM by Soggy Geek »

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »
Hey Gang,

We just got back on board after 6 weeks in Peru (fun, interesting).  I will ping Rosemary in the next day or so and see what we can get worked out.  Optimally, we will post it somewhere, and provide a way to make updates (whether that is online updates, or email to the keeper of the list, is still TBD).

Sherry & Dave
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:32:30 PM by Soggy Geek »

Soggy Geek

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 07:14:08 PM »
Thank you, Rosalie, for passing off the database, and for keeping it up to date all these years!

I have Rosalie's database, and have been able to read it and work with it in MS Access. Attached are preliminary reports showing hull number, boat name, and owner name.  I have a lot more information, including the following information:

USCG Documentation Number
- Home Port
- Address
- Length
- Gross & Net Tons
- Engine Horsepower
- Hull Depth (NOT Draft)
- Breadth
- Type of Service

Notes on Name & Owner Changes, and other misc information
Engine Type
Email address of owner

I have added a few fields that I think are also of interest (but of course they are empty right now)
- Rig Type (Cutter, Ketch, Tall Cutter, etc)
- Draft (Shoal or Full)
- Last Known Location
- Website address

As soon as I've figured out what we'll do with it long term, we'll solicit updates from everyone. 

If youre boat isn't on there, please PM (private message) me with the information.  If you know any of the history of your boat (former owners or names), please include that.

Questions, suggestions, etc... post them here.

Sherry
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:38:02 PM by Soggy Geek »

RHoodJr

• View Profile
CSY Hull Numbers
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 08:27:18 AM »
Hi Sherry,

We bought Mary Irene, TXY441640679, located in Virgin Gorda, BVI from John and Monique Peacock, this past May.  We are currently documenting the boat with the USCG under the same name hailing St, John VI. 

Just in case you are updating the list.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:38:28 PM by Soggy Geek »